Malta is a group of islands in the heart of the Mediterranean, just below Sicily (Italy). The three main islands are Malta, Gozo and Comino, which attract a large number of travellers each year, who often return to spend their holidays in Malta. Many toursists visit the island of Malta for its rich history and culture but the country is most famous for its sunny and warm weather. Malta holidays are popular among travellers from all over Europe who enjoy the beauty of the islands at very reasonable prices.
With the increasing number of cheap Malta flights being offered by low cost airlines, Malta is becoming an increasingly popular holiday destination and its accession to the EU in May 2004 has enabled Malta to step up the quality of holidays it can offer its guests. The Mediterranean’s best kept secret, as the country is often referred to, offers a completely refreshing view on island life, with plenty of resorts and beaches but moreover a welcoming and generally friendly population and an island literally stuffed with places of great cultural and historical value. Most Maltese speak English and getting around the islands is relatively easy, with public transport serving almost all parts of the islands and widely available car rentals.
Get all your Malta travel guide info before you go!
Collect your travel info before booking your holiday by reading through this Malta travel guide. Malta has so much more to offer than any holiday brochure can ever show you. This site offers you the opportunity to see Malta from a non-commercial perspective, providing you with reliable information and an honest impression of a great holiday destination.
A quick preview of what’s in this Malta holiday & travel guide
- The About Malta section gives an introduction to the islands and provides facts and tips about Malta that are not to be missed, reasons why to visit the islands and what weather you can expect
- In the Culture and Heritage section you can learn more about Maltese culture and history
- The Holiday guide section provides info on Malta holidays, Malta car hire, Malta’s best beaches, restaurants and what types of transport are available to get around the islands
- The Leisure activities section tells you more about Malta’s nightlife and outdoor activities such as scuba diving in Malta and mountainbiking in Gozo
- Finally, the Articles section offers some recommended reading. For example, have a look at Malta at a Glance.
About Malta Uncovered
MaltaUncovered.com is privately owned and is not affiliated with any tourist organizations. Feel free to get in touch with any feedback you may have regarding the site’s content. Also feel free to send us any questions you may have about Malta, and related topics covered on MaltaUncovered.com!